Although the transition to sustainable lifestyles is widely recognized, it seems difficult to change the established system. GUGLE developed adequate concepts and strategies and implemented them in two districts of Vienna (Penzing and Alsergrund) in the form of "bottom-up approaches".
In alignment with the overall Viennese concept, GUGLE refers to the vision and objectives of the “Smart City Wien” project.
The GUGLE master plan is a project result that pursues a holistic approach for the Viennese districts of Penzing and Alsergrund, which covers all aspects of modern district development and all forms of sustainable energy services.
The master plan forms the scientific basis for innovative short- (2015) and medium-term (2030) measures and collaborations to implement ambitious long-term energy scenarios in Vienna and serves as a starting point for demonstration projects.
- Universität für Bodenkultur
- PORR AG
- Siemens AG Österreich
- WIENER LINIEN GmbH & Co KG
- Wien Energie Stromnetz GmbH
- Wien Energie Gasnetz GmbH
- Wien Energie Fernwärme GmbH
- Energiecomfort Energie- und Gebäudemanagement GmbH
- iC Consulenten Ziviltechniker GmbH
- Technische Universität Wien – Energy Economics Group