Urban industrial regions are hot spots for resource consumption and emissions. The challenge for planners and decision-makers with regard to the development of industrial cities is an integrative integration of industrial companies with the surrounding city quarters.
In the Smart Cities project Smart Urban Industry, cross-system approaches were developed for the intelligent integration of industrial companies based in Weiz into the urban energy system.
The following results are available:
- Methodology for the identification of potential areas for the development of industrial and commercial locations
- Comprehensive knowledge of the mobility behavior of employees in the city of Weiz
- Cross-system measures for integrative networking of industry with the "system city" in the following subject areas:
- Modular building
- Cooling with district heating
- Area sharing "GreenTrafficArea"
- Smart Urban Industry Action Plan Weiz 2030
- Stadtgemeinde Weiz
- MAGNA Presstec AG
- Fernwärme Weiz GmbH
- Pichler Gesellschaft m.b.H.
- Weitzer Holding GmbH
- Weizer Energie-Innovations-Zentrum GmbH
- DI Johann Rauer