Based on the results of the REC Business Park project, a demonstrator for a “renewable energy community business park” is being created in Weiz.
In the EnErGie Werk Weiz project, a redox flow storage for shared use within an EEG and for the provision of balancing energy is being demonstrated in a climate-neutral quarter. For this purpose, an industrial and commercial area was selected in which large companies, SMEs and municipal companies are located. This business park is surrounded by residential areas with over 80 private households, which can also participate in the EEG.
The project makes a significant contribution to the local use of locally generated renewable energy, offers EEG members advantages in terms of electricity tariffs and increases the motivation to install PV systems.
Quantitative project goals:
- Establishment of an EEG with at least 15 members
- Installation of a redox flow storage system (> 250 kWh / 62.5 kW) and its integration into a balancing energy pool
- Installation of PV systems (> 400 kWp)
- EEG electricity tariff at least 1 cent / kWh lower than tariff for electricity from the grid
- EEG feed-in tariff at least 0.5 cents / kWh higher than the grid feed-in tariff
- Installation of at least 10 e-charging stations (22 kW)
Innovative operating models increase profitability and make a significant contribution on the way to a climate-neutral business park, which is characterized by a high degree of multipliability. EnErGie Werk Weiz acts as a best practice front runner project in Austria and the EU.
- W.E.I.Z. Forschungs & Entwicklungs gGmbH
- Reiterer & Scherling GmbH
- VariCon e.U.
- St. Ruprecht – Weiz Industrieansiedlungs GmbH
- Enerox GmbH
- Energie Agentur Steiermark gGmbH
- Energienetze Steiermark GmbH